Leadership Essentials is divided into 5 dimensions, each critical in elevating the individual from the status of manager to leader:
- Organizational Leadership – This series of seven lessons provides leadership knowledge and instruction in the essentials of management including the distinguishing features of management versus leadership; developing an effective culture; establishing and reinforcing core values; motivating yourself and others; effective staff relationships; and strategies for celebrating success and rewarding accomplishment.
- Ethical and Professional Behavior – This series of three lessons provides leadership knowledge and instruction in the essential principles of diversity; the distinguishing differences between morals, values and ethics; and essentials of effective decision making in an ethical context.
- Stakeholder Relations – This series of three lessons provides leadership knowledge and instruction in establishing community and business to business relationship, and essential principles of mediation.
- Leadership and Vision – Shared vision improves organizational performance. A dynamic vision matures as an organization grows, and increases staff performance and commitment. This series of four lessons provides leadership knowledge and instruction in developing, articulating, implementing and nurturing a shared vision.
- Change Leadership – Leaders encounter rapid change in today’s society, requiring understanding and skills that contrast with the perception of control in outdated change management styles. This series of three lessons provides leadership knowledge and instruction in cultivating shared leadership during times of change, essential change leadership skills, and understanding what makes for an effective change environment.
Leadership Essentials is presented in a learning format that provides leaders with an effective model to enhance learning. Each course has five instructional components.
Preparation information alerts leaders to those items to consider and prepare for prior to learning.
Meaning activities are designed to connect leaders with the concept of the lesson through their past experience and reflection.
Knowledge activities provide basic constructs, structure, and content of the lesson concept.
Transfer activities engage leaders in practicing skills that enable demonstration of acquired knowledge and checking for understanding.
Performance activities challenge leaders to apply new learning in a creative and meaningful way in the context of their work environment.
Learning involves getting the ‘meaning’ of the knowledge. Meaning is generated by the interplay between new information and existing concepts in the learner’s mind. Through this five step process you will relate the content to personally meaningful contexts or to existing prior knowledge, depending on the subject. You will search for analogies, relate to previous knowledge, theorize about what is learned, acquire metacognitive (reflective) skills, and derive extensions to use in your daily activities as a leader.
About Leadership Essentials
Leadership Essentials was originally developed from the core process that built the ASAP Elearning suite of educational programs built to help leaders in major school districts in North America. It has been adapted and authored to meet the needs of organizational leaders wanting to reach their maximum potential and help the people around them.
How to Buy
You can purchase the Leadership Essentials program on a per user, annual subscription basis. This represents a 50% saving over purchasing individual courses. The annual subscription price is $495 per person and gives you access to all 20 courses for an entire year.
We offer a money back guarantee. If you are not satisfied in any way you can obtain a refund within a limited time (due to the fact that Internet based content can be easily copied). To view the complete details, you can view our refund policy.