Media Essentials is a course designed for organizations and their staff to help deal with media communication, including issues management, press releases, crisis communication, and development of an overall public communication strategy.
Course content includes:
- The news media and its goals
- How to create your own media story
- Mounting an effective media campaign
- Creating your message box
- Recognizing and responding to breaking news
- Responding to threats
- How to make a powerful presentation
- How to prepare for an interview
- Crisis communication
- Essentials of an organizational communication plan
View our free introductory presentation on Decoding the Media. The content is scalable on portable devices using the zoom feature of your device. An app is available for offline viewing of content for iPad or Android portable devices.